Although Madagascar is a relatively safe country to travel around in, there are some safety measures that you should take.
- Drivers not allow to drive in the evenings and, make sure you arrive at your destination before 7pm.
- It’s also good not to walk on your own after dark. Use a taxi or ask your driver guide to take you to your restaurant or back to your hotel.
Malagasy people are friendly and very welcoming people, especially the visitor like you. There have been some violent times, during political unstable periods. But you are on good hand when book and travel with us.
Yes, but to get the right Local Guide is very important- especially if you’re by yourself and you’re a woman. We at Friendly Tour Guide, seek to help any traveler who want to discover our county. We provide local friendly Tour Guide which will accompany you (Men or Woman)-they will act as a professional by respecting everyone right.
You must hold a valid passport that is still valid at least 6 months from the date of return. Also, after the COVID 19 Pandemic, the Airport agent will ask for your PCR negative test, which you made at least 72Hours before your arrival date. The vaccinated traveler can bring the Vaccine certificate, as also requested before entering the country to avoid quarantine.
Please, check the Madagascar COVID19 update on the Tourism website.
Yes. Our custom trips in Madagascar often involve the client using a mixture of transport throughout their trip including trains, private transfers, car rental and sometimes motor coaches. We will advise you on the best transport methods for completing your custom itinerary
The best time to visit Madagascar is from Mars to November (fall to spring) as this period is generally cool and dry which makes it a great time to travel. The prime months to visit Madagascar are from June to September because of the pleasant weather and whale watching.
- Best time to see lemurs:from June to December. October and November are the best months for seeing baby lemurs.
- Best time to go kayaking:between May and December. The best region for kayaking is South Eastern Madagascar.
- Best time for whale watching: between July and September. The best place for watching humpback whales is Ile Sainte Marie.
- Best beach time: September, October and November into early December, January when the weather is hot and relatively dry. The best place for beach is in the Northwest, Southwest, and Northeast of Madagascar. Contact us for the place name and get the update info.
- Best time for low season travel: The months of April, May and November, is out of peak season so the national parks and beaches are quieter.
- Avoid cyclone season: travel to Madagascar between December and March is usually not recommended due to cyclones
Given the medical care in Madagascar, the traveler is obliged to have travel and accident insurance and carry these documents at all times when traveling through Madagascar, as well as the documents of health insurance. It is always useful upon booking to provide a copy of these documents to us so, in case of emergency, we can respond acutely and help as an intermediate between the insurance and the patient.
It is advisable to bring “cash” money in the form of Euros or Dollars. Credit cards are increasingly working in Madagascar, but not everywhere. A Visa card offers more possibilities than a Master Card or American Express card. ). There are ATM’s, for use with credit cards, in each big city in Madagascar. But i advise you not to rely solely on paying with a credit card.
Yes, absolutely! Friendly Tour Guide Company is used to organizing trips for large families, mixed generational groups who would like to travel together in our country. We also understand the unique requirements that family groups can have including requests for special rooms, meeting spaces, special group meals, private tours, accommodating the interests of young and old and handling arrivals and departures at different times and, sometimes, on different days. You can trust us to create the perfect, seamless trip for your family /group.
Friendly Tour Guide of Madagascar -works with International travel agency, outbound tour companies and group travel organizers all of the time. With our deep knowledge of Madagascar destination and our large network of local contacts, no itinerary and Tourist services is too complex for us to handle. If you are looking to plan a trip to Madagascar for your clients , then simply contact us by completing our online form for a quote or send us an email(firstname.lastname@example.org) by giving us details about your company, contact name, website address and the services you require for your clients and we will gladly look into this for you.
If a trip cannot continue due to the coronavirus, we will contact you in advance. We will then discuss with you the options for rebooking a trip to another date. If a trip has already been paid for in part, we will ensure that you will get what you booked. For domestic flights, we must follow the airline’s policy as stated in the Booking terms & conditions. We will discuss with you the airline’s statement about domestic flights.
A request may be defined as late if it is made from 1 week to 2 weeks prior to departure;
At our company, we accept late booking requests but we would need the following information up front, so as not to waste time:
A clear indication of your budget and that it is realistic for the type of trip you have in mind and your arrival date.
- An accurate idea of the trip you want to be organized and also how flexible you are with locations and hotels.
- When we respond to you, that you reply to us without too much delay.
- That you understand that availability and price can alter at any time until the booking is confirmed, and so you must be prepared to make a quick decision.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for in our FAQs section above, please, don’t hesitate to contact us via email: email@example.com